11/8/10

Flagstaff Engineering

When I was a kid my dad worked for a company called "Flastaff Engineering"
It was this crazy high tech company. They started the company working out of a storage shed.  I remeber going down to the storage unit and folding cardboard boxes.  I also remember dumpster diving in the dumpster outside for large pieces of Gortex (Gore was a small compnay back then and used the same dumpster).  At some point the comapny became larger and from what I remember they were quite profitable.  Hard to believe you could make money manufacturing devices that copied 8 inch floppy disks to 5& 1/4 inch floppy disks.  I found these pictures last night of a comercial they shot out at lake Mary.  Some sort of advertisement about throwing out that old "Boat Anchor" of a computer and purchasing a newer model. 

Ever wonder why Dad had some back problems?


Whew!  I need to rest a second before I try to throw this thing!
I really wanted to see a splash, but this is all I have.  : (
I wonder if they left that thing on the bottom of Lake Mary?

2 comments:

Arizona Sun said...

haha I remember floppies and then the smaller floppies.. Thank goodness for terabytes and megabytes and zip drives and all that other goodness that you know all about.

(where did you get your label cloud?)

Reflections of Heart said...

Okay..I totally remember the commercial...LOL. Kind of reminds me of the "BAD DAY" clip I have around her somewhere. The splash would have been great..too bad. I wonder how many "takes" they did with this thing and did Dad have to drag it out each time?