8/30/14

50 cents of joy

Last night I went on a "hot date" with my wife. We always tell our kids were going on a hot date. :)
We went to the movies. It was fun and entertaining. We especially enjoyed overhearing the tween conversations behind us in the theatre. It was both terrifying and hilarious. 
Movies are expensive. Popcorn is ridiculously expensive. However if your going to buy the LARGE bag for $7 you might as we'll buy the extra LARGE for $7,50. It's a good value because you get a free refill for just 50 cents more. 
We couldn't even finish the bag :(
I know someone who folds up the bag and saves it for the next time they go to the theaters. While I think this is a good idea it strikes me as very impractical. How often do you really go to the movies? Are you gonna put that thing in your glove box all folded up? For a month or so? Weird and kinda gross. 
So last night as we were walking out we ran into some old friends that we haven't seen in years. I gave them the bag and they got to enjoy a free extra LARGE popcorn. 
You should have seen the smiles on their faces at the prospect of free popcorn! 
I was able to spread an awesome amount of joy for just 50 cents! So next time you find yourself deciding between the large and the extra large, consider the potential joy you can spread after the movie and splurge a little :)

1 comment:

B said...

You're the coolest! I wanna go on a hot date with you ;)