9/1/14

Steady My Heart

Wish it could be easy
Why is life do messy
Why is pain a part of us
There are days I feel like
Nothing ever goes right
Sometimes it just hurts so much

Right now I'm laying in bed suffering
My back is killing me. I have thrown out my back several times in my life and right now is one of those times. If you have experienced this before you know exactly how I feel. If you haven't then just imagine labor pain and you might be getting the drift. I of course am a man so I have no idea what I'm talking about. :)

Lately I have been struggling spiritually.
My belief system is shifting. I am being forced to reconsider all I have ever known. Nobody is holding a gun to my head, I am forcing myself. This happens all the time with my work. Technology rapidly changes and new things become possible. Limitations are removed. New possibilities are considered etc. 
with my personal belief system it's quite different. It's NOT exciting. It's incredibly painful. 

Even when it hurts
Even when it's hard
Even when it all just falls apart
I will run to you
Cause I know that You are

Lover of my soul
Healer of my scars
Steady my heart

So just like my aching back I have an aching soul too. It becomes difficult to pray without whining. All day this song has been going through my head. Steady My Heart by Kari Jobe. I discovered this song a couple of years ago and it has often served as a reminder to me of Gods love for me. 
When it's all said and done I know my back will heal and feel fine in just a few days. Life will go on and I will continue to seek answers to the tough questions. In the meantime...

I'm not gonna worry
I know that You got me
Right inside the palm of your hand
Each and every moment
What's good and what gets broken
Happens just the way that you plan

You see it will all be ok in the end. One thing I do know for sure is that God does not want us to get to comfortable. He wants us to keep moving. Which reminds me of another great Christian song.
Dare You To Move by Switchfoot

No comments: