9/21/14

Keep Calm and just Breathe

Summer is drawing to a close and the days of swimming are limited. So lately I've been meditating in the pool. It's really quite good. I float on my back and stare up into the sky. The palm trees sway, the sun warms my face and with my ears below the water all I hear is the gentle clicking of the pool pump running. I'm quite buoyant so floating is easy, but as I focus on deep breathing I've noticed that my body sinks and floats as I breathe. As I inhale a deep breath, I rise out of the water. As I exhale I begin to sink. 
I can't help but to draw similar parallels with my life. Have you ever sighed loudly during conversation to show exasperation? Or even sighed to yourself when you have felt defeated? Are you sinking a little as you do so? 
It's all about meditative breathing people. Long deep slow breaths that will help you focus and rise.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is one of my favorite things to do in the pool. I remember when I was feeling withdraws really intense, and I was feeling like I was crawling out of my skin, and like I kept hearing static and white noise and crazy unmanageable,I took a dip in the pool and when I was just drifting there with my ears under the water, all the craziness just stopped and I was able to find a small island of peace. Haha, even if I WAS the island.